The following posts are from our January 2014 series “New Year, a New You.” One article will be posted each day in January to discuss building a better you. Article topics will vary every day. We will present various ways to improve your life physically, spiritually, financially and emotionally. Click here to view previous posts.
Since we started the New Year a New You segment on MyChathamSports.com I have received emails and read some very funny New Year’s Resolutions. These are just some of them (in no certain order).
1. I will pray more clearly. Last year I prayed for a thin body and a fat bank account. I must have not prayed very clearly because God seemed to get those mixed up.
2. My New Year’s Resolution is to spend more time avoiding my family and friends.
3. I can’t believe it has been a whole year since I didn’t become a better person.
4. My New Year’s Resolution is to lose enough weight so that my belly doesn’t jiggle when I am brushing my teeth.
5. I will consider taking a walk everyday of 2014.
6. In 2014 every time a WalMart cashier asks me, “How are you doing?” I will respond with, “Do you really want to know or are you just asking out of habit?”
7. My New Year’s Resolution is to gain only 5 pounds in 2014. I am looking for small victories.
8. This year I will only step foot in a fast food restaurant to go to work.
9. In 2014 I will stop boring my boss with excuses. I vow to be more creative when I lie to him.
10. I am going to be more organized… … as soon as I find my desk.